The high school journalism class is planning to put together and publish a new literature and arts magazine. This magazine will feature the original creative works of NCS students in grades 6-12 and be published as an ebook.
All students in grades 6-12 are invited to submit their original pieces of writing or art to be considered for publication in the magazine. We are looking for works in the following categories: short fiction, poetry, 1 act plays, essays, literary nonfiction, paintings, sketches, comic strips, sculptures, pottery, etc.
How to submit:
- email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- include your name, grade, title of work, and the genre/medium of the piece in the email
- the last day to submit is Friday, May 1, 2015
- Submitted work must be an original and created during the 2014-2015 school year
- All works should be of an appropriate nature suitable to our Nashville Christian community
- Text entries should be send as a Word document or PDF
- Art entries should be sent as a JPEG file of the highest possible quality
Please be aware that submitting a piece of work does not guarantee that it will be published. If the number of entries becomes too great to publish, works will be chosen by a selection process involving several people including faculty members and students supplied with copies of the submission without the names attached.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Atkins in HS5.
Leave a Reply