Here is another list of random stuff you can do to help entertain yourself next time you’re bored.
- Writing poetry- I’ve always struggled with this, but I feel like people seem to enjoy writing poetry once they really get into it. There are so many different forms. If you think you might enjoy this, it wouldn’t hurt to research poetry to help get a better idea on how to start.
- Doodle- Doodling allows for creativity to roam wild. One thing I’ve seen a lot of people do is drawing one line or two, and then continuously adding different lines to that, or just trying to create a drawing out of the first few lines they originally had.
- Create new playlists- I always use Spotify, but you can find a streaming service you prefer. I enjoy looking for new and different music weather it’s a new song I haven’t heard, or if it’s a completely different genre I don’t usually listen to.
- Practice something you’re interested in- I love drawing, but I’m terrible at it, so practicing it is always enjoyable for me, because I really do want to get better.
- Read- I’m not much of a reader myself but try looking for some books that might actually enjoy. If you’re like me, and can’t really read, try searching for audible books.
- Redecorate your room- This seems like a very popular thing right now. If you don’t like the way your room looks, change it up, try adding different things to it until you find something you love.
- Go on a hike- I hate exercise, but hiking is great for our bodies. Try walking/jogging with friends to make things more interesting.
- Learn to bake- Baking is one of my favorite things to do. I always have fun when baking and I love sharing the finished product! It also feels good to be able to create your own baked goods. Look up some recipes and try different meals.
- Start a collection- Find something you love and start a collection. It doesn’t really matter what you chose, stuffed animals, CD’s, DVD’s, coins, stamps, rocks, shells, dolls, anything will do.
- Take photos- When I get bored, I start taking pictures of anything and everything. I will say, it’s not the best habit to have, (because phones only have so much storage) but sometimes I get some surprisingly good photos. (Just remember to delete any unwanted photos.)